Re: [Amps] KM1H vs. W8JI

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] KM1H vs. W8JI
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:48:06 -0500
Curiosity question ... since we are indulging in whimsey ...

I've read that many tubes run cleaner nearer to their upper
limits than lower.

Is that also true of the 3CX-3000A7 and similar?

If so isn't it rather like owning a race car where you have no
legal access to a race track or a no-speed-limit, & properly
engineered, "autobahn" & thus cannot operate it for the high-
level purpose for which it was designed?

Besides, the bigger tubes are more cost effective than the smaller
tubes.  A  3CX-3000A7 is the same $ or not much more than a 8877.

Jim

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

David (never Dave) Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com