[Amps] GS35B Idle Current drifting up

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] GS35B Idle Current drifting up
From: John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 20:49:17 -0700
I've seen indirect heated planar triodes from Eimac Salt Lake products that had similar damage. The spacing in those tubes from grid to cathode is very close. Bombardment of the cathode from ions would be one suspicion. Overheating the anode might be a source of the 'gas'. Eventually enough of the active electrodes are burned away that the tube has comepletely different characteristics, if it can still withstand HV.

John
K5PRO

Message: 2