Re: [Amps]  negative screen current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps]  negative screen current
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 03:11:46 +0100
True, the total number of electrons increase, but their charges are opposite
polarity.

Secondary emission in a tetrode can occur when the anode voltages drops
below screen voltage.
In that case the electrons bounced from the anode flow in reversed direction
to the screen. Their number can become much higher then those intercepted
by the screen and which were charging the screen positive and let positive
screen current flow.
When that reversed electron flow overrides the number of positive charged
electrons on the screen the electrons flow from the screen through the
screen supply and / or bleeder to the cathode which is connected to -screen
and ground as a negative screen current.

In the constant curves of a tetrode you see the kink in anode current where
it happens.

hny

Peter