Re: [Amps] 811H pops fuses

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>, "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 811H pops fuses
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:39:32 -0500
Ameritron has the lowest prices last time I bought. If you have the wrong transformer taps selected it is easy to exceed the cap ratings.
The manual is very clear about not exceeding 1700V.

If they are set for 1700V or less at standby Id suggest asking them for a free replacement. Ive had several fail right out of the box on a bench PS test and they claimed CD sent them bad caps.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>