Re: [Amps] Non-linear linear

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Non-linear linear
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:51:36 -0800
Well ignore everything I said. It's a measurement error. I was assuming the input SWR was relatively constant with power levels and basing my input power variation on a voltage measurement on the scope sampling the input coax to the amp. Turns out the input SWR varies a lot with power input on all bands, for example on 20M 1.4 at 75W, 1.1 at 35W, and 1.4 at 10W drive.

So now the new question, is such an input SWR variation typical of a GS35B? My 2 x 3-500Z amp is almost constant with input drive (as is Jim's VE7RF)

- Paul