[Amps] Simpson Panel Mtr Wanted

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Simpson Panel Mtr Wanted
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:10:33 -0700
I'm looking for a replacement analog panel meter, full scale 25 or 50
microamps DC, either tautband or iron vane type. Specifically, I need a
Simpson model 2122, which is the "Century Series" 2.5in meter (not the
"Widevue" style)..  Normally, I wouldn't care about the styling, but this is
a replacement meter that has to match the dead one.

On a related subject, does anyone know what the base movement is on high
current Simpson panel meters, e.g., 10A, 30A, etc.?  The DC voltmeters are
usually a 0-1 mADC movement with a series resistor, but I don't know what's
inside the DC current meters.

Tnx and 73,

Jim W8ZR