Re: [Amps] Clipperton L on AM

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Louis Parascondola" <gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clipperton L on AM
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:04:54 -0400
Figure on about 250W carrier on AM which is about 1000W PEP which is fine 160-20M. Back it down on 10/15.

Keep an eye on the tubes and if they get more than a dull red back the drive down; 20-25W is more than sufficient.

For more efficiency switch in more bias until the idle current in SSB is about half, with a new quad of direct from China tubes Ive run a 300-350W carrier for 3-4 hours of ragchewing, no 5 minute blowhard transmissions. If its slow replace the fan with an EBM Papst 4600N or 4600Z. More air and less noise than others, you will barely hear it with the resistor used in the L.

http://www.ebmpapst.com/en/products/compact-fans/axial-compact-fans/axial_compact_fans.php

Ive been buying the 4600Z from Gopher Electronics as the best price.
http://www.gopherelectronics.com/store/pc/search-results.asp?incSale=&IDSale=&VA=1&ProdSort=&PageStyle=p&customfield=&SearchValues=&exact=&keyword=&priceFrom=&priceUntil=&idCategory=&IdSupplier=&withStock=&IDBrand=108&order=&SKU=

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Louis Parascondola" <gudguyham@aol.com>