Re: [Amps] 8877 input Z

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 input Z
From: Vic Rosenthal K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:00:57 -0700
You can design the input circuit as a pi-section lowpass filter with a cutoff above the highest band (I used 32 MHz). You can use standard tables for a 50-ohm input/output impedance because 54 ohms is close enough. Then subtract 42 pf from the computed value of the output capacitor.

This will result in an input circuit that will work on all bands without switching.