[Amps] How, and at what stage in production, are vac variable

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] How, and at what stage in production, are vac variable
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 21:37:48 -0700
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:17:06 +0100
From: Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson.tv>
To: amps@contesting.com
caps evacuated?

Anyone any insight as to how, and at what stage of their production,
vacuum variable capacitors are evacuated? Do makers offer any service
to check the depression in them and re-evacuate if required? Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.

## Dunno about when the air is pumped out and unit sealed.   But if you
require a vac cap that has ..gone up to air..or has a lousy break down rating
as seen on a high pot tester..and want it  pumped out again,..  u will be in
for a rude
awakening...aka  sticker shock.

##  I tell folks to treat vac caps with kid gloves.... leave em in the foam
lined boxes etc.
I have seen  several that have lost their vac  from misuse in the workshop.
If u have ever
seen the price on a new vac cap..it will make u gag..and ditto with sending it
in to get re-pumped.
Much cheaper just to get another surplus vac cap.

Jim  VE7RF