Re: [Amps] Alpha 76PA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76PA
From: DGB <ns9i2016@bayland.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:09:12 -0500
Think I agree with you Carl. I've researched what I could find on the I'net.

Found that Jeff Blaine ACOC put a 3-sided plexiglass wall around the choke and added some door knobs to replace the old caps.

See: http://ac0c.com/main/page_homebrew_alpha_76pa_mods.html

Then W8JI had a nice article on RF Chokes that made sense too, think Tom is the designer of the Ameritron's as well.

see: http://www.w8ji.com/rf_plate_choke.htm

Also Dick, N4UQ  don't really give out much info on his $259 Warc Band fix.

I am scared of the arcing but if you have had success, experience speaks for itself!

Do you know if the Ameritron one is taller or bigger in diameter then the stock one?

Thanks ... 73 Dwight NS9I