Re: [Amps] HF2500 Power Supply Caps

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HF2500 Power Supply Caps
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 07:18:17 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 4/6/2014 12:39 AM, Ian White wrote:
Hopefully "ahead" was not what you really intended to write, Bill. The
glitch (surge limiting) resistor protects against arcs that happen
DOWNSTREAM toward the tube. The resistor will always help protect the
tube and the RF components against arcs occurring inside the tube or
anywhere in the RF section.

The correct location for the HV fuse and the surge limiting resistor is
directly connected to the top of the capacitor stack, so that it
protects the maximum possible number of components downstream.

REPLY:

Yes, I did mean "ahead" but I'm an electron flow guy, not a conventional current guy, so I think that's the difference. We agree on everything else.

Also, in my previous post I should have said that while I disagree with Jim, I'm not saying he is "wrong", just that we have a different approach to design philosophy. His style will work, as will mine. His style is faster, mine is cheaper.

73, Bill W6WRT