[Amps] 144MHZ QRO Relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 144MHZ QRO Relay
From: Adrian Rees <rees.a@btconnect.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 11:07:08 +0100
Hi all

I decided to run my home brew 144MHz linear last weekend, and discovered it had a fault. To cut a long story short, the output relay had failed.The relay is an Automate Coax Relay and probably dates to around 1950 or 1960, and is US Military in origin.

Its a tribute to the relay's manufacturers that it has lasted this long. It has a cast case and all N connectors. Even though the relay contacts have failed, the case will be kept as it will be very useful as a pre-amp housing.

I need to replace this, so has anyone got a high power 24v COAX relay
good at 144MHZ, alternatively a 12v version would be OK as well. I would prefer N connectors on the terminals....

Cash waiting...

Cheers

Adrian MW1LCR /GW9X