Re: [Amps] Is this relay suitable for 1kw+ RF?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Is this relay suitable for 1kw+ RF?
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 09:49:39 +0200
Those Leach relays were designed for switching RF. Depending on the impedance
and thus the voltage, they're OK for over 1kW. I have picked up 24 volt DC ones
for $2 a time in the Dayton flea market....For switching high voltages at RF
with contacts that can handle many amps, look for the antenna relay from a WW2
Command transmitter. They are generally a dollar or two in flea markets,
because a standard modification to use a Command tx in amateur service was to
remove the relay..

Since coils are being switched, I don't see the need for coax relays.

vy 73

Peter G3RZP