Re: [Amps] Eimac 3-500Z date codes

To: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>, Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Eimac 3-500Z date codes
From: Vic Rosenthal K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:34:59 -0700
I've seen the ones with the weld problem!

If they will hold the low voltage (CW) position of the TL922, then I can getter them.

On 4/29/2014 4:55 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
40th week of 1982.
If they have never been fired up, they MAY be gassey. I just removed a
pair from a TL922 that were new in the box. On was gassy at less than
500 volts. I'm not at home so I cant get you the date codes.

There was a run of them in the 80s that had the welds break where the
cone that holds the plate on the stem would break lose from the plate
itself and flop loose inside the tube.
I'm not sure of their date codes that had this problem.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Vic Rosenthal K2VCO