Re: [Amps] Building an amp suggestions

To: "glenn riccio" <gfriccio@hughes.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an amp suggestions
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 18:37:10 -0700
8877 would be my choice!

See:

http://s900.photobucket.com/user/w7ry/library/8877%20Amplifier?sort=3&page=1

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: glenn riccio
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2014 3:16 PM
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Building an amp suggestions

Hi every one , I am contemplating building another QRO amp. Several years
ago , I built a GG amp using a pair of 3-500z"s. Very conventional but it
works very well. I now have the urge to build another amp. I am considering
using a 4-1000 but I have read that it probably isn't the best choice for GG
service. Then I thought about  class AB1. That also has its drawbacks as I
understand neutralization can be tough to get right. Since 99% of my
operating is CW, maybe a class C is the way to go.

 Does any one have any suggestions as to the best tube to use other than
4-1000 ?  Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks es 73 de K7GFR  Glenn