Re: [Amps] 4z4rb amps

To: Baruch Zilbershatz 4z4rb <4z4rb@bezeqint.net>, Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4z4rb amps
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:00:09 -0700
Thank you, Baruch. Just what I wanted to know. I might suggest that you include much of this information in your ads. I'm sure it would help sales.

73, Bill W6WRT
dezrat@outlook.com

------------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ------------On 7/2/2014 1:27 PM, Baruch Zilbershatz 4z4rb wrote:
Hello Sir!
Amps are made for 160-6m
Slight trade off to et the right balance in power/bandwidth so there is
about 10% drop on 6
As for duty cycle
If the boards are mounted as needed on a proper heat sink with a good sized
copper heat spreader with 10mm thick and air is directed on fins as well on
top of board to cool the magnetic
I was able to run the amps for a long

  time
Cores are large and many thus an average rise of core temperature is also
controlled
As a result I have not seen core failure or saturation and far away from
curie point
Also the use of many cores gives better IMD and far better results than
using A single very large tube or core
Also as seen in ON9CVD study on Magnetics
I also tested the 2kw board with 2x blf188XRS  on a full copper heat sink
with clamping the devices and not just using 4-40 screws at the tabs
Results are very good and when ran at 1600w out F2 and F3 were way down and
very known 10-11 MHz distortion of LDMOS was down too
Hope this clears a bit the subject
Thanks
Baruch 4z4rb