[Amps] Drake L7 issue

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Drake L7 issue
From: Joseph Loverti <joeloverti@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 14:54:05 -0400
All,

I just finished up my 220VAC run to the shack and fired up the L-7. Upon
startup, the panel lights seemed dimmer than they usually are. Even the fan
seems like it’s running slow and weak. Upon trying to check the amp for
operation, I notice that I’m getting very weak output (no even 20 watts) into
my dry dummy load. I’ve tried several different bands but get the same results.
I have triple checked all my connections and everything seems correct. The amp
was operating just fine for the past several years at my old QTH. I’ve just
noticed this problem after my move. Could it be that I’m not getting HV? Could
I have a faulty breaker in the box? Any ideas on where to begin trouble
shooting would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
WS8X