[Amps] <-- FW: Ameritron AL1500 help

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] <-- FW: Ameritron AL1500 help
From: KA4INM radio <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 08:59:35 -0500
Hi Ed es Matt,

I had the exact same problem a few years ago with my AL-1500. Check that the machine screws that support the HV diode board through the bottom of the amp case are good and tight. The diode board apparently grounds via the aluminum standoffs. Mine were just a little loose and the contact resistance was just enough to allow the HV to float up a bit - which was causing the grid meter to read a negative current. Tightening the screws corrected the problem.

Hope this help you.

Every time I find a problem to be lose or corroded hardware* I add a wire, I have never been disappointed.
 * NOT uncommon
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.