[Amps] AL-1200

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-1200
From: Bob Gibson via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:51:40 +0000 (UTC)
 I'm having a problem with a friends al-1200 amp.. He is 80 years old  I'm 71
and we can not figure this out.. I have replaced the stock P/S board twice..
after a short time it blows out.. I have replaced it now with a WD7S HV board
and again it blows the caps.. I have replaced the step-start board with a W7RY
board.. still samething.. I headed back up to try to work on this thing again
this weekend.. any ideas would sure help out..Bob W5RG  Almost 60 years in Ham
Radio