Re: [Amps] What 811A's Should I Try to Find?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] What 811A's Should I Try to Find?
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 12:27:43 -0500
Carl,

        Since everything I read says 100 -> 600 -> 1200 watts are the
meaningful points where the receiving station notices a difference I
can see no reason to push it beyond 600w.

        Thanks re. the recommended tubes - I'll keep my eyes open.

        Any obvious visual symptoms of a bad tube or a soft tube -
apart from a power tube capable tester?

Thanks again - David

--

*David*
~KD4E~

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com