Re: [Amps] Understanding Screen Current in a tetrode

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Understanding Screen Current in a tetrode
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 04:00:55 -0500
On 1/27/2015 9:38 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:

Those old rigs come from an era where no one paid much attention to IM products and the signals from many of the "sweep tube" rigs was pretty bad.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:55:07 -0700
From: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
To: "amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] {Collins} Understanding Screen Current in a
Tetrode

When I ran a pair of 4CX250B's on Two Meters, 144 mhz, I tuned the Amp
for identical Screen Current, within Tube Limits.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

##  and just how do you adjust the screen current, individually, for EACH
tube ???

##  On another note, on all the old tube xcvrs, like my drake T4XC, TR-4,
heath sb-101,  yaesu FTDX-401, swan, etc, etc, none of em even had metering
for screen current !

Jim   VE7RF

---