Re: [Amps] VHF amps available

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] VHF amps available
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:43:26 -0500
George,

        According to http://www.rfparts.com/mrf175gv-ma.html those
devices are good to 200w each at 225MHz = 800w.

        They look real accessible to modification for HF given the
air wound coils ... perhaps using transformers and splitter-combiners
from communication-concepts.com ?

        Of course you'd still need a switched multiband output filter
plus SWR protection and cooling.

        Sadly, such a project is above my pay grade, but I'm curious
if it would be practical.

        WDYT?

David

> Folks, I have three high power VHF amplifiers for sale.  Each uses four
> MRF-175GV, I have tested them to 500 watts output with on 22 watts input.
> These are designed to operate class AB and C from 140 to 150MHz
> commercial use, each is mounted on a 3/8 inch aluminum plate, so
> mounting this to a heatsink is easy.
> Originally they were made for key-down 24/7 operation combining outputs
> for high power commercial communications applications, however not ISM
> since the are AB.
> They were designed for 28v operation, but work very well at 24-25 VDC.
> I powered them using two EVGA 80plus gold computer power supplies with
> the 12VDC outputs
> in series achieving about 25VDC . The T/R switching will need to be
> added and of course adequate cooling.
> Please check the link provided, if there is no interest in about a week,
> I plan to put them on Ebay.  Asking $350 each.
>
> http://www.k4gvt.com/ebay/VHFamp//VHFamps.htm
>
> 73,
> George, K4GVT

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com