[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Amps] Clipperton L parasitic suppressor a

To: <>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clipperton L parasitic suppressor a
From: "Larry" <>
Reply-to: Larry <>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 13:22:09 -0400
List-post: <">>
I never had that specific problem with my Clipperton-L but had trouble on WARC bands. I switched the plate RFC and the suppressors to the Ameritron items and no more problem in that area.

73, Larry  W6NWS

-----Original Message----- From: K2CB
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2015 12:24 PM
Subject: [Amps] Clipperton L parasitic suppressor a

I am working on a Clipperton L. It seems to work fine on all bands.

However, on 10m the parasitic suppressor resistors seem to be overheating. One or two of the four resistors looked like they've been overheated before, thus I was not surprised when I tested it myself on 10m and began to smell the familiar odor of burning resistors.

The manual calls for 100 ohm 2 watt resistors. Can I use metal oxide flame proof resistors, or do they need to be carbon composition resistors?

For some reason I seem to recall reading that the mox resistors cause issues, but I could be wrong.

I have a bunch of mox 100 ohm 2w resistors in my parts bins, but no carbon resistors. Can you still get larger size carbon comp resistors?

If so, does anyone have a recommended Mouser or DigiKey part number, or series type, suitable for suppressor usage?

Also, in regards to the 10m heating issue, would it be worth it to go to a 5w resistor, or double up and use two 200 ohm 2w resistors in parallel?



Amps mailing list
Amps mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>