Re: [Amps] Yaesu FL2000B amp and input tuning problems

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Yaesu FL2000B amp and input tuning problems
From: Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP/K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 12:59:12 +0300
I don't see why it shouldn't work, as long as you know the correct value of input impedance. It depends on the class of operation. The tubes must be in place when you do it, because the grid-cathode capacity becomes part of the network. You can't do it WITHOUT the resistor, because the resistor simulates the load presented by the tubes when tuned and loaded correctly.

In class AB1, when there is zero driving power, you can set up the input cold without adding a resistor, since all the drive power is absorbed by the swamping resistor in operation. Then all you have to worry about is tuning out the effects of the grid-cathode capacity and other strays.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP/K2VCO
Rehovot, Israel
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/