Re: [Amps] oil cooling..

To: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] oil cooling..
From: "Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd)" <drkirkby@kirkbymicrowave.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 23:12:18 +0100
On 6 Apr 2015 20:33, "Steve Wright" <stevewrightnz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/04/15 04:00, "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net> wrote:
>>

> I have settled on two automatic transmission coolers in series. Each is
393x254x30 mm.  Refrigerant drier, stainless pipe + swagelok fittings, 7m
head brass pump.

You might want to investigate if two the same size is an optimum setup. I
would have thought that the one nearest the tube would be doing most of the
cooling,  and the second one less. This is because the temperature
difference between ambient and the first is larger than that between the
second and ambient.

This suggests to me that if two are going to be used, it might be better to
have a small one nearer the tube and a larger one further away.

I might be totally wrong - it is not a subject I know much about.

Dave