Re: [Amps] fl2100 Parts Needed

Subject: Re: [Amps] fl2100 Parts Needed
From: greg greene <>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 06:41:53 -0700
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:05:40 +0000
From: Charles Henry <>
To: "" <>
Subject: [Amps] FW:  FL-2100B Parts/help needed

Subject: RE: [Amps] FL-2100B Parts/help needed
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:02:51 +0700

the small coil  is the plate current meter shunt resistor R3, value not
specified in schematic, but should be approximately 0.5 ohm, 2 watts.
73 de HS0ZEU

Subject: FW: [Amps] FL-2100B Parts/help needed
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:36:19 +0000

> Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:29:23 -0700
> Subject: [Amps] FL-2100B Parts/help needed
> I'm looking for the small - 1 inch by 1/4 inch coil that is in parallel
> with a ceramic disc and attaches to the centre most HV Cap board on the
> panel side end. Sorry for the poor description but I haven't been able to
> reconcile the schematic to the physical location of the parts.
> The coil I have is burnt but could possibly be rebuilt its only 12 or 13
> turns but I don't know the size or source of the wire to use.
> capacitor markings are 103P followed by 67.
> Thanks all
> Greg VE7GPG

Thanks so much for the answer - makes sense now - further investigation
found the PO has replaced the grid resistors - so am I correct in thinking
a tube short/failure caused this? I replaced the large coil leading to the
parasitic coil/resistors as it showed signs of overheaing - what else is
likely at fault here? I may never use this amp - but the nerd in me wants
to fix it !!!

73 Greg
Amps mailing list