Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 08:44:10 -0400

> Rarely does Roger even need correcting, but this is one of those
> times.

No, Roger is correct.  Bird's specification is 5% *of full scale*.
That means the Bird's accuracy is +/- 125 Watts *anywhere* using a
2500 Watt element.  While in practice the accuracy may be higher
at other places on the scale, the Bird specifications allow that
percentage accuracy may be worse than +/- 5% of the reading below
full scale.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV