[Amps] sweatin' the small stuff was: Time for New Power Meter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] sweatin' the small stuff was: Time for New Power Meter
From: Steve Wright <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 14:04:50 +1200
On 04/05/15 11:19, amps-request@contesting.com wrote:
> Total nonsense. Manufacture re specify "full scale accuracy" only
> because they do not guarantee linearity and accuracy below full scale.
> In other words, the accuracy is guaranteed only at full scale and
> nowhere else.
>
> By Joe and Roger's interpretation, the reading anywhere on the scale
> could be off by ± 125 watts, even at very low readings. Do you
> really think that is what Bird meant? A reading of 10 watts could be
> off by ± 125 watts? Or a reading of 125 watts could actually be
> zero?

I'm not being personal here - I'm mocking OURSELVES because we worry too
much about stuff that aint mean nuthin.

Internet wars erupt of this sort of thing and go on for years!

No. One. Gives. A. Sausage!  Not me, not the regulatory authorities, not
your neighbour with their digital TV.  No one!  Only the person with the
meter is fixated how how wide that needle is, and on which side of the
lawwww it is.

See! Now poor Bob is selling his huge fat tranny because of orl' this
here law-bidin' talk makin' shurrr our pee-ee-pee's is within' the
limits.  Shame!!  Does someone wanna rescue it it and build a
meter-wreckin'-and-a-coax-smokin' amp with it?  I do, but I'm on the
other side of the planet.

Have fun people, and don't sweat a dee-bee here and there!