Re: [Amps] Real danger to use the ORANGE button

To: ka4inm@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Real danger to use the ORANGE button
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 12:31:37 -0500
Shakespeare was a Ham

   To "B", or not to "B" : that is the question:
 Whether ?tis nobler in the mind to suffer
 The slings and arrows of outrageous IMD,
 Or to lower bias against a sea of DXers,
 And by lowering end IMD?

Don W4DNR

Salute to our Men and Women serving their Country.
Thank You for your Service and God Bless !!!

Quoting KA4INM <ka4inm@gmail.com>:

  The push pull bipolar pair operated in class "B" has little to gain
from being operated in class "A." (it would limit the output power)
Two parallel bipolar transistors operated in class "A" would have a
much greater second harmonic content than the push pull bipolar pair
operated in class "B."
 Every HAM transceiver of almost every brand that I have ever worked on
for friends used a pair of bipolar transistors operated in push pull
class "B"

  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.