Re: [Amps] 3CX800 grid collet or SK1900

To: g0ruz@g0ruz.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800 grid collet or SK1900
From: Gerald Williamson via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 08:40:01 -0400
Hi Conrad, the four finger grid grounding may be there for the purpose of
neutralizing the plate to cathode feedback path.

Sort of like you may have seen individual fingers removed from fingerstock
to create a small inductance from grid to ground.

I have seen many 8877 2m amplifiers that use this technique.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 6/15/2015 7:09:42 A.M. Central Daylight Time,