Re: [Amps] Hallicrafters HT-41

To: James Branch <jamesbrookesbranch@gmail.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hallicrafters HT-41
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 06:38:48 +0000
   There is very little difference between the forward drop of mercury
rectifiers and solid state ones. On the order of a few volts at best.
A mercury rectifier forward drop would be about 15 volts that is a string of a
little more than 20 silicon rectifiers. If the ss rectifiers replaced vacuum
rectifiers then there would be an issue.
73
Bill wa4lav