Re: [Amps] Question about SPE 1.3K-FA amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question about SPE 1.3K-FA amplifier
From: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 06:39:14 -0600
All of the LDMOS devices that I have seen are the twin cores in One "device" or package.
The LDMOS packages I'm aware of have a max dissipation rating of 1200-1250W.
The amp may have passed FCC harmonic testing thanks to a real good low pass filter but I'm pretty sue they don't test IMD nor do they test to see how long the devices last running above the dissipation rating.