Re: [Amps] Filter capacitor

To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filter capacitor
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 18:37:05 -0800

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:55:13 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a Maxwell capacitor I would like to use in my 8877 power supply. It is
>marked 36 uf at 6000 volts. Is this good for my 4 kv supply? There has been
>conversation that some of these are not what they appear to be. How do we know
>what is usable and what is not? Thank Mike

REPLY:

That is enough capacitance and voltage. The only question is ripple
current rating, which might be hard to find. I would use it but have a
plan to change it in the future if it doesn't work out. In other
words, don't make the physical layout so tight that nothing else will
fit in there.

73, Bill W6WRT