Re: [Amps] Amplifier description?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier description?
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:41:38 +0000
Hi Petter,

Could  someone with English as their first language please describe what this
amplifier really does?
I have some trouble getting all the technical details right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25W-UHF-power-amplifier-car-radio-amplifier-transceiver-automatically-converted-/181684354927?tfrom=181943715088&tpos=top&ttype=coupon&talgo=undefined

Ha ha!!!  I absolutely love it!!!!

If I wrote something sophisticated in English, and then used an online translator to convert it into Chinese, probably readers in China would get a good laugh too!

Anyway, my interpretation is that it's a 25 watt UHF amplifier, with internal TX/RX switching, intended for boosting the output of a 2 to 5 watt UHF handy transceiver. And it seems to be built around one of those typical hybrid ICs, rather than a naked transistor.

Manfred