Re: [Amps] WOW!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] WOW!
From: Dave W8NF via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:35:13 -0700
A stunt is possibly being pulled.

It's not obvious to me that the Hammond transformer in the foreground is connected to anything. Generally, on those larger glass tubes, getting a nice blue gas glow requires the filament be lit. In such a large tube, the lit filament would be nearly as bright as an incandescent bulb...because it is an incandescent bulb.

I suspect the glue "glow" is coming from reflections of various blue LEDs behind the glass bulb or reflecting off it.

Quite possibly a poster looking to see how many people he can fool.

Possibly the same chap who advertised a collection of "known good" old radio and TV tubes that he just finished cleaning, by removing the glass tops, cleaning the insides, and re-assembling.

hihi

Dave W8NF