Re: [Amps] SB220 on 120V

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 on 120V
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 01:10:43 -0400
10A is pushing your luck. That's 1200 Watts total on that circuit and the wire for a 10A circuit will give plenty of voltage drop under load. All my 120 VAC circuits are either 15A, or 30A with appropriate size wire. The 30A circuit feed a 3 KVA true sine wave line conditioner/UPS. The last power interruption dropped the computers on the regular UPS, but those on the line conditioner didn't even blink.

If you are in rental property, another line would be a problem, but a !) circuit feeding only an SB220 will likely be a problem too.

73

Roger (K8RI)