[Amps] Misc. PA-77 questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Misc. PA-77 questions
From: Scott via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:33:22 -0400
HI.

I recently acquired a nice old PA-77, which seems to be working well, but
have a few questions, if anyone could help out I'd appreciate it.

1)  The amp appears to have been modified for 160, and while I can  find
info about the mod, I haven't found anything suggesting what the tune and
load settings at any particular frequency should be for a factory mod when
properly working.  Any ideas?

2)  The side panels need to be repainted - is it possible to remove  them
by removing all the screws, or will this cause lots of internal supports to
come unhappily undone as well?

3) I planned to replace the plate choke with an RFC-3 so the amp will be ok
 on 12 meters, what's the easiest way to remove the plate choke - i.e. can
I  unsolder it, and hope to twist it out without removing the subchassis it
sits  on, or will the subchassis need to come out?

4) Anything else quirky about a PA-77 that would save me some grief
learning from others' experiences rather than my own unfortunate  discoveries?

I realize I'm asking these questions maybe 40 years late, but its taken
that long for me to obtain the amp. :)

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, very much.   Scott ka9p