Re: [Amps] Greetings From A Future Amp Builder

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Greetings From A Future Amp Builder
From: Bob Darlington <rdarlington@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 10:05:44 -0600
Joe,

I'm new to this list and I believe this is my first post.  I'm building a
dual 3-500Z amp at the moment and expect I will have some questions.
Running it at 3500 volts, +15 bias (adjustable via the G3SEK triode board
design).  Power supply is already done.  It weighs more than me!  Big iron
that takes up the bottom third of a short rack.  Overkill unless you
realize I'm not stopping with this one amp build.

I'm currently working on the input side and am lucky enough to have an
Agilent VNA to assist me there.  None of the tables I have available seem
to have that 50 ohm to 57.5 ohm section so I'll be working out those
details on my own it seems.  The board I went with to save time is from
WD7S (the TU-6B).

For those with facebook, I have a public album here:
https://www.facebook.com/rdarlington/media_set?set=a.10208229584756546.1073741870.1210335479&type=3

PSU shot: https://goo.gl/A9XlTg
Cutting metal on the mill: https://goo.gl/qShPls
Filament tests and adjustments: https://goo.gl/h4rMza