Re: [Amps] 3-500Z tube problems

To: Jack C. Shutt <w9gt@frontier.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500Z tube problems
From: Vic Rosenthal <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 16:39:45 +0300
I have seen a few of these in genuine Eimacs from a specific period. I don't
recall the date codes, but I'm sure someone here knows. The problem was bad
welds which allowed the grid assembly to move and touch the filament.

In the cases that I had, the short only appeared when the filament was hot. I
doubt that this could be cleared by an electrical procedure, but maybe a slap
on the tube in the right place would work, at least temporarily.
--
Vic 4X6GP