[Amps] Fan control

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Fan control
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 10:19:21 -0400
I still haven't gotten round to putting in
a fan control into my old Alpha. There is
a wire resistor with slider that allows
changing the fan speed and I have it on
maximum RPM right now and the blower noise
is excessive when un-needed.

I think if I had a thermostat with the
probe in the hot air duct and a 2nd slider
on the resistor, the fan could be set low
for normal resting & brief transmissions &
when the temp goes up, the fan could kick
in all the way.

Has anyone done this and if so, is there
an inexpensive small thermostat you can
suggest which I can install inside the
control section of the amp to do this? I'd
be fine with running the cabling out the
back & into the duct, I'm running my
thermometer into the duct and it works
perfectly.

Seems like a small digital/mechanical unit
with outputs to fire a SS relay would be
ideal. I've looked at what I could find at
the last two hamfests but no cigar. Yet.

73,

Gary
KA1J