Re: [Amps] Buzzing transformer

To: "Steve Wright" <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buzzing transformer
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:53:47 -0500
My PA76 buzzes a bit. But I had another PA76 transformer from a guy who swapped it for a Dahl and that one sung like crazy. Used it for a ton of key down power tests on an amp I was building and it never showed any other side effect than rattling.

On the other hand I have had a diode and a couple of filter caps go out in my PA76. So you may want to check those for good measure as well.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Wright