Re: [Amps] For Sale: Homebrew 2 X 4-400 Amp Near Detroit

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] For Sale: Homebrew 2 X 4-400 Amp Near Detroit
From: "Jeffrey L. Bauman via Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:46:44 +0000 (UTC)
For sale: Beautifully constructed floor-standing amplifier on casters. Runs a
pair of 4-400's. Weighs about 250 pounds I think, so it will take at least two
men to move it from my garage ... it took 3 to load in the van.

Variable inductor and 2 chain-drive vacuum variables. Grid-driven with cut-off
bias as configured.  Filament transformer floats.  Can be easily rewired for
3-500Z's.  Four meters and built-in variac for monitoring and control.

Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/w8kzw/UQF44g

It is from an estate sale and I have not applied power to test.  No odor, burn
marks, blown fuses, or anything else to indicate issues, but sold as-is.

I have about 7 amps already so I am not keeping this one (though I am tempted).
Local pickup.

$635.00 or best offer. Might trade for mobile / desktop solid state HF rig or
???  Also have a Collins 32V-3 and 75S-1 / 32S-1 / 312B-4 for sale.

NO TEXTS. Call (248) 464- twentythree sixtythree or email my callsign at
arrl.net.

Thank you.

Jeff
W8KZW