[Amps] gs35b hf amp

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] gs35b hf amp
From: darrell wyatt via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 01:17:54 +0000 (UTC)
HI  to all of the group. Looking for a little help/knowledge. I am building a
gs35b amplifier for 10-160 meters. I am having a heck of a time trying to get
10 meters output/resonance correct due to the stray capacitances. I am running
around 5kvdc on the plate unloaded. It is dropping to about 4.6kvdc when
loaded. I can only get about 800 watts from 10 meters with 100 watts drive into
a dummy load. The amp does not have a tuned input. Does anyone know of any
tricks to reduce the stray capacitances? I think I have read somewhere about
adding a coil between the blocking cap and C1 but I can't find anything about
that now and I don't really remember the specifics. Any help would be
appreciated.Thanks & 73KK4RSV
 Darrell Wyatt