Re: [Amps] 3 phase HV transformers on single phase

To: "'Steve Wright'" <stevewrightnz@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3 phase HV transformers on single phase
From: "Doug Ronald" <doug@dougronald.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 12:01:36 -0700
Even more - I have 3 transformers hung on the 5200 volt bus. The 48 VDC
battery has a capacity of 1760 AH, so just the transformers alone would
discharge the battery in a month. Of course the 6.6 kW solar array would do
a recharge long before that. I sized the plant to go 5 days with nominal
loads with minimal solar charging in the span. With the early rain this
season, I haven't had a full charge in over a week. I have a 20 kW diesel
generator to charge the battery if this cloudy weather sticks around much
longer.

The whole still evolving project was documented here:
http://w6dsr.com/solarPlant/index.html

73,
-Doug W6DSR