Re: [Amps] "Conventional" current flow

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "Conventional" current flow
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 14:54:39 -0600
Hi Bill,

I appreciate your points of view, and I partially agree. However, there are
many useful real inventions that might never have been, save for very
advanced mathematical models.

That's why (for example) Bell Labs produced all those amazing inventions.
Perhaps even some of the things in our RF amplifiers started out as
mathematical models. ;-)

You should watch the NOVA "Inside Einstein's Mind" video at pbs.org :-)

> Another classic example is the Big Bang Theory. It has not [been proven],
except as a mathematical model ...

Ironically, I just read an article this morning where a physicist built a
mathematical model which may debunk that theory (along with others)! This
may be it:
phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

Sure, there's many wrong theories. I understand little beyond advanced
algebra, geometry, and trig; therefore, it's far beyond my capabilities to
either prove or disprove any of them. But I've followed physics enough to
know that some mathematical models can be useful.

Anyway, at least now I realize that Jim is not nuts! :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com