Re: [Amps] 3D Printed ABS Plastic for Chimneys?

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3D Printed ABS Plastic for Chimneys?
From: Dieter Kedrowitsch via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 20:25:41 +0000 (UTC)
Heat is a very good point I completely failed to consider.  While the tube
never seems to get very warm, I don't normally operate more than 600 watts or
so.  It would seem silly to use a chimney material that could melt down after
lengthy QRO use, so I definitely need to reconsider.

The silicone tubing material is an interesting idea, but as silly as it may
sound I'm not thrilled at the idea of how it may look.  Perhaps I could find a
way to secure it around the tube in a tidy way with an ABS clamping mechanism
that's far enough below the heatsink to avoid any heating issues...

W3DRK

    On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:02 PM, Jeff AC0C