[Amps] Henry 3K Bias Diode -- High Idle Current

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 3K Bias Diode -- High Idle Current
From: Wally <wklinn@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 03:38:42 +0000
Hi All:

After several months of non-use, my Henry 3K exhibited a strange issue.

The idle current is usually around 200 mA with no excitation applied.  Tonight
I noticed it was arounf 300-325 mils.

Loaded up the amplifier like normal.  Amp produces plenty of power, but this
high idle current concerns me.

I wonder of the 10 Volt 1.2 Amp Bias Diode is shorting, causing a rise in idle
current?

Is this diode still made?  Still available?  Or is there a good substitute I
can buy from Mouser, or will Henry Radio sell me one?

Let me know.

73--Wally W9BEA