[Amps] SB-220 update and gettering

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] SB-220 update and gettering
From: John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 19:41:14 -0700
This is a good way to run a lot of dissipation with low voltage swing in the tube. I have seen this done at one of the National Labs for large RF triodes, for same effect. The anode of the tube in the procedure (seen in AL80?) is sheet metal with the vertical folds. These respond well as the anode is adsorbing free ions. With this procedure, be careful not to exceed the dissipation max of the plate of the tube, measured by Ep x Ip. I would recommend not going above 2/3 of this, unless you know/trust the cooling design of the amplifier well and that the blower and air ducting provides the correct mass flow (and back pressure) for full dissipation.

73
John
K5PRO