Re: [Amps] Stock up on tubes?

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stock up on tubes?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 17:25:04 -0600
Good answers.

Question on #2 below: Is the power transformer in the SB-220 conservatively
rated, as the one in the SB-200 is?

Some hams have replaced the 572-Bs with GI-7BTs, and the SB-200's
transformer handled the ~50% increase in power output. And I do believe
that the SB-220's is considerably beefier than the Drake L-4B's.

Just curious.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

This is like swapping engines in a car. It sounds simple but is fraught