Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a issues - fault 17

To: "'Don Moman VE6JY'" <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>, "'Amps@Contesting. Com'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87a issues - fault 17
From: "Jerry O. Stern" <jsternmd@att.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 09:55:39 -0500
Hi Don,

Another thought... have you noticed whether the Fault 17 occurs when
changing bands?  If so, here is another note I found in my files from Glenn
at Alpha years ago where a misalignment of the frequency detect can lead to
Fault 17:

73 es HH
Jerry NY2KW

Alpha 87A Frequency Detect Adjustment:

 The pot in the bottom of the 87A is to be adjusted as follows.

1. Place the 87A on it's right side.
2. Remove the bottom cover under the tubes.
3. Place the transceiver on 28mhz and adjust the power output to 5 watts.
4. Place the amplifier in the 160 meters position.
5. Put the pot in the full clockwise position to start.
6. Key the radio and adjust the pot counter clockwise until the amplifier
changes bands then stop there.
7. Replace the covers and place the amp back flat on the table.